- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
JONESBORO, Ill. -- Ellen M. Spurlock, 90, of Mount Vernon, Ill., died Friday, Nov. 15, 2002, at her home.
She was born Dec. 11, 1911, at Dongola, Ill., daughter of John and Lela Highland Aden. She and William L. Spurlock were married Feb. 27, 1931, at Mounds City, Ill. He preceded her in death.
She lived in Dongola all her life until 1993, when she moved to Mount Vernon.
Survivors include two daughters, Sue Hast of Mount Vernon and Bonnie Maze of Jonesboro; three sons, Bob Spurlock of Porter, Texas, Dean Spurlock of Potomac, Ill., and Lewis T. Spurlock of St. Joseph, Ill.; one brother, Bill Aden of Rockford, Ill.; 20 grandchildren; several great-grandchildren; and several great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by one son, one brother and one sister.
Friends may call at Hileman and Parr Funeral Services in Jonesboro from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Monday at the funeral home. Burial will be in the Dongola American Legion Cemetery.