- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ADVANCE, Mo. -- The funeral for Charles W. "Bud" Schatte of Advance will be at 1:30 p.m. Sunday at Morgan Funeral Home. The Revs. Keith Price and Earl Elfrink will officiate. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park.
Friends may call at the funeral home from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
Schatte, 69, died Thursday, Nov. 14, 2002, at his home.
He was born March 12, 1933, in Advance, son of John and Lena Miller Schatte. He and Betty Kuykendall were married July 27, 1957, in Hernando, Miss.
Schatte was a farmer and a member of Zalma General Baptist Church.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Randy Schatte of Swinton, Mo.; two daughters, Theresa Wilhitt and Vicky Oller of Swinton; a brother, Lucky Schatte of Advance; four sisters, Pearl Winchester, Ida Younger and Lora Owens, all of Advance, Mildred Conrad of Cape Girardeau; six grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a son and his parents.