- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Ruth E. Schabbing, 33, of Jackson died Tuesday, Nov. 12, 2002.
She was born Dec. 26, 1968, in St. Louis, daughter of Ysidor J. and Jane Ann Pratt Rivera Jr. She and Matt Schabbing were married June 8, 2002, in Cape Girardeau.
Schabbing was a graduate of Southern Illinois University. She was a cashier at Wal-Mart Supercenter in Cape Girardeau, and attended St. Mary's Cathedral in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include her husband; her mother of Jennings; two brothers, John Rivera of St. Louis, and David Rivera of Granite City, Ill.
She was preceded in death by her father.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 5 to 9 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with Dale Dolence officiating. Burial will be in St. Mary's Cemetery.