- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
MOUNDS, Ill. -- Lucille McDaniel, 81, of Mounds died Sunday, Nov. 10, 2002, at Daystar Care Center in Cairo, Ill.
She was born Feb. 27, 1921, in Olive Branch, Ill., daughter of Aaron and Pleacy Connell Holmes. She married Paul Eugene McDaniel, who died June 8, 1984.
McDaniel attended the Assembly of God Church.
Survivors include a son, Dale McDaniel of Villa Ridge, Ill.; a daughter, Joyce Adams of Mounds; a sister, Winifred McDaniel of South Roxana, Ill.; five grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandson.
There is no visitation.
Graveside memorial service will be held at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday at National Cemetery in Mound City, Ill. Dale McDaniel will officiate.
Jones Funeral Home at Villa Ridge is in charge of arrangements.