- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
TAMMS, Ill. -- Carole Elaine Price, 58, of Thebes, Ill., died Sunday, Nov. 10, 2002, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Dec. 10, 1943, in Cairo, Ill., daughter of Walter and Nellie Thompson Bishop. She and Roger Price were married Oct. 26, 1968.
She was a graduate of Thebes High School and Cape Business College and had worked as secretary for Cairo River & Rail and Project Action, and as legal secretary for the Alexander County State's Attorney's office. She had been a 4-H leader and a member of Lake Milligan Baptist Church and the Laborer's International Union.
Survivors include her husband; two daughters, Rachel Price of Thebes and Renee Price of Cape Girardeau; a son, Roger Price Jr. of Cape Girardeau; her parents; a sister, Barbara Painter of Thebes; and a granddaughter.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday morning until time of service at Crain Funeral Home in Tamms. Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home with the Rev. Billy Don Heady officiating. Burial will be in Beechwood Cemetery.