- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Betty Jo Parr
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Betty Jo Parr, 71, of Bertrand, Mo., died Sunday, Nov. 10, 2002, at the Bertrand Nursing Facility.
She was born Feb. 6, 1931, in Bertrand, daughter of Robert Losson and Lula Mae Taber Skelton. She and Charles "Buddy" Parr were married Dec. 20, 1952.
She was a member of the Church of God of Prophecy in Bertrand and had been employed with Potlatch in Sikeston until her retirement in 1983.
Survivors include her husband; three sons, Charles Parr Jr. of Olive Branch, Miss., Kevin Parr of Bertrand and Mike Parr of Hernando, Miss.; a daughter, Gracia Parr of Sikeston; two sisters, Marie Bridges of Arnold, Mo., and Vivian Hooper of Bertrand; five grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three brothers and a sister.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at McMikle Funeral Home in Charleston, Mo. Funeral will be 11a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home with the Rev. Larry Davis officiating. Burial will be in Memorial Park Cemetery in Sikeston.