- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Jean F. Rhodes, 71, of Advance died Friday, Nov. 9, 2002, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Feb. 17, 1931 in St. Louis, the daughter of Frank and Margaret Whithington Requarth. She and Bill Rhodes were married on Jan. 24, 1948, at Advance. He died July 10, 1993.
Jean was a member of the Advance United Methodist Church and also a member of the TNT Women's Club of Advance. She had also been a Girl Scout leader.
Survivors include her mother, Margaret Lockhart of Dexter, Mo.; a son, Billy Rhodes of Advance; two daughters, Kathy Kinder of Sikeston, Mo., and Amy Winchester of Advance; a brother, Gerry Requarth of Murray, Ky.; a sister, Jane Ann Pindell of Dexter; five grandchildren, G.W. Gilmore III of Sikeston, Leeanne Price of Mount Carmel, Ill., and Amanda Bird, Abby Winchester and Billy Rhodes III, all of Advance; and two great-granddaughters, Hallie Jean of Advance and Alexis Price of Mount Carmel.
She was preceded in death by her father.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Advance United Methodist Church with the Rev. Tom Zych officiating and the Rev. Dale Wiseman assisting.
Interment will be at a later date in Pleasant Hill Cemetery near Advance.
In lieu of flowers, please make donations to the Stoddard County Children's Home.
Morgan Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.