- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Loyd Shaffer Sr.
CARUTHERSVILLE, Mo. -- The funeral for Loyd Wayne Shaffer Sr. of Caruthersville will be held at 1 p.m. today at Temple Baptist Church. Dr. James Adams will officiate. Burial will be in Maple Cemetery.
H.S. Smith Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Shaffer, 55, died Wednesday, Nov. 6, 2002, at his home.
He was born Feb. 3, 1947, in Vanduser, Mo., son of Claude Dallas and Tressie Mae Petty Shaffer. He and Pamela Dawn Lacy were married June 26, 1970, at Perkins, Mo.
Shaffer attended school at Oran, Mo., and received a bachelor of science degree from Southeast Missouri State University in Cape Girardeau.
He was a teacher 26 years, 22 of them at Caruthersville schools. He was a member of Temple Baptist Church, Missouri State Teachers Association, and served on the VNA Advisory Board.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Loyd Shaffer Jr. of Panama City Beach, Fla.; a daughter, Heather Eledge of Madison, Ala.; and a brother, Dallas Shaffer of Morley, Mo.
He was preceded in death by his parents, two brothers, and two sisters.