- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
JONESBORO, Ill. -- Jack C. Shelton, 79, of Jonesboro died Wednesday, Nov. 6, 2002, at Massac Memorial Hospital in Metropolis, Ill.
He was born Dec. 5, 1922, in Jonesboro, son of Everette Rollie and Elsie Beatrice Baldwin Shelton. He and Bethella West were married July 18, 1946.
Shelton had worked at Florsheim Shoe Co. He was a member of First Baptist Church in Jonesboro, Carroll P. Foster VFW Post 3455 and Townsend F. Dodd American Legion Post 344 in Anna, Ill.
He served in the U.S. Army during World War II and received the Purple Heart.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Jackie Barnes of Bowden, Ga.; two sisters, Ruth Lingle of Elgin, Ill., Wilma Phillipps of Jonesboro; a brother, Robert Shelton of Anna; two granddaughters; three stepgrandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a sister.
Friends may call at Crain Funeral Home in Anna from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Joe Aldridge officiating. Burial will be in Anna Cemetery, with military rites conducted by VFW Post 3455.