- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Gertrude "Gert" Myers, 68, of O'Fallon, Mo., died Tuesday, Nov. 5, 2002, at her home.
She was born March 16, 1934, at Burfordville, daughter of Erma and Pansey Howard Eakins. She and Wayne Myers were married Jan. 31, 1953.
Myers was a nurse assistant 28 years at Missouri Baptist Hospital.
Survivors include her husband; three daughters, Mary Ladd of Knoxville, Tenn., Betty Lambert and Donna Kruse of O'Fallon; two brothers, Coy Eakins of Burfordville, L.T. Eakins of Jackson; seven grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter and a sister.
Friends may call at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday.
The funeral will be at noon Saturday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery .