- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
PATTON, Mo. -- The funeral for Robert Lee Roy of Patton will be held at 1 p.m. Friday at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau. The Rev. Raymond Oxford will officiate. Burial will be in Lindsey Cemetery in McClure, Ill.
Friends may call at the funeral home from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
Roy, 48, died Tuesday, Nov. 5, 2002, at his home.
He was born March 2, 1954, in Cape Girardeau, son of Ernest Franklin and Alberta Johnson Roy. He married Elizabeth Rose.
Roy was a welder 23 years at Missouri Dry Dock and Repair Co. He was a member of Friends of American Legion Post 900 in McClure, and was a volunteer 15 years with McClure-East Cape Volunteer Fire Department.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Tim Roy of McClure, Danny Roy of Belleville, Ill.; a stepson, Kyle Pender of the home; a sister, Margaret McCain of McClure; a stepsister, Lois Prater of McClure; and four grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, stepfather, and a stepbrother.