- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)5
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
Quality of life is a choice we all must make
To the editor:
We all have choices. Some of us choose to climb the ladder of life fast, then slip and fall. Others choose a slower but steady climb. Some get up so high and stop. Some reach out to try to catch the ones who are falling. But sometimes they don't choose to latch on or continue to add burdens so others continue to fall. Still others stop, stay and don't want any more help up.
Blessed are the helpers to motivate the stalled. Let go of the unmotivated. Watch out for the habitual offenders. At times it becomes necessary for us to reach out to others to help use -- to improve our quality of life. We have to be careful not to take away from their lives, but contribute.
Some people come along who never seem to want to give back or grow in their lives. They just keep the same status or want others to change it for them.
Adversity can make us stronger or more dependent. It is our choice to go forward, stand still or fall.