- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Velma Irene Rainey, 81, of Chaffee died Sunday, Nov. 3, 2002, at Chaffee Nursing Center.
She was born July 24, 1921, in Haleyville, Ala., daughter of William and Alice Elizabeth Flanagan Head. She and Walter Rainey were married March 19, 1941, in Corinth, Miss. He died Feb. 22, 1987.
Rainey was a member of Mount Auburn Christian Church in Cape Girardeau and Gold Star Mothers with Veterans of Foreign Wars.
Survivors include two sons, Randy Rainey of Chaffee, Tracy Rainey of Honolulu, Hawaii; two daughters, Nancy Clark of Pontiac, Ill., Phyllis Arrowsmith of Beebe, Ark.; a stepson, Carl Rainey of Peachtree, Ga.; a brother, Wallace Head of Chaffee; three sisters, Della Cobb of Chaffee, Sue Angel of Advance, Mo., Shirley Statler of Oviedo, Fla.; six grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son and three sisters.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee after 10:30 a.m. Wednesday.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the chapel, with the Rev. Sonny Keesee officiating. Burial will be in Union Park Cemetery.