- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
EAST PRAIRIE, Mo. -- The funeral for Ernest Paul "Toot" Parker of East Prairie will be held at 2 p.m. today at Shelby Funeral Home in East Prairie. David Dowdy will officiate. Burial will be in Dogwood Cemetery.
Parker, 81, died Sunday, Nov. 3, 2002, at East Prairie Nursing Center.
He was born Sept. 23, 1921, in Dawson Springs, Ky., son of Solomon and Bonnie Russell Parker. He and Reva Brooks were married July 20,1946.
Parker lived in East Prairie most of his life. He was a retired carpenter and had worked at Shelby Funeral Home several years. He was a member of Barnes Ridge Baptist Church.
He served with the Military Police in the U.S. Army during World War II.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Rick Parker of East Prairie; a daughter, Paulette Parr of Sikeston, Mo.; a brother, Alvin Parker of Ridgely, Tenn.; and three grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two brothers.