- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
MOUND CITY, Ill. -- Howard Lenvell Edging, 64, of Mound City died Sunday, Nov. 3, 2002, at his home.
He was born Nov. 27, 1937, in Cairo, Ill., son of Other W. and Velma Clark Edging. He first married Juanita Buckles, who died May 16, 1999. He later married Rebecca Hightower.
Edging was a self-employed mechanic, and formerly worked at Wal-Mart in Cape Girardeau.
He served in the U.S. Navy.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Charles Edging of Mound City; a daughter, Diana Riddle of Mound City; a stepson, Elliott Robinson of Mounds, Ill.; a stepdaughter, Kimberly Robinson of Mound City; a sister, Janace Grosbach of Richmond, Va.; two grandchildren; and four stepgrandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a sister, and a brother.
Friends may call at Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge, Ill., from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Beechwood Cemetery at Mounds, with full military honors by Pulaski County VFW Post 8891 of Mounds.