- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Kathy Ann Thiele, 65, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, Nov. 3, 2002, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born Oct. 19, 1937, in Effingham, Ill., daughter of Edward and Nora Vaultonburg. She worked as a registered nurse at Effingham Hospital for 22 years and at the former Shuffett Nursing Home in Sikeston for 10 years.
She previously operated a bait shop and dog kennel in Cape Girardeau. She was the common-law wife of Carl Thiele, who survives.
Also surviving is one brother, Lowell Vaultonburg of Illinois.
A graveside service will be at 2 p.m. today at Scriptural Lutheran Cemetery wit the Rev. Henry Gieschen officiating. McCombs Funeral Home of Cape Girardeau is in charge of arrangements.