- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Joni Patrice Lowes and Greg Matthew Schemel were married June 29, 2002, at First Baptist Church in Jackson. The Rev. Raymond Epps performed the ceremony. Organist was Geri Beussink and vocalist was Beth Roethemeyer, both of Jackson.
James and Kathy Lowes of Jackson are parents of the bride. The groom is the son of Randy and Vonda Schemel of Houston, Texas, and Mark and Mary Hails of Evansville, Ind.
Maid of honor was Kim Adams of Cape Girardeau. Bridesmaids were Ginger Malone and Jamie Lowes, sisters of the bride; Julie Stone and Mandy Hoffman, all of Jackson, Johna Toedebusch of St. Louis, and Amy Moore of Cape Girardeau. Junior bridesmaid was Erin Hails of Evansville, sister of the groom.
Gary Schemel of St. Louis served his brother as best man. Groomsmen were Adam Miller and Nathan Turley of Jackson, Matt Russo, Dee Jones and Tyson Schoolfield of Cape Girardeau, and Derrick Johnston of Jackson. Junior groomsman was Eric Hails of Evansville, brother of the groom. Ushers were Jerry Malone, brother-in-law of the bride, and Steve Russo, both of Jackson.
Candlelighters were Mandy Barnhart, sister of the groom, and Tonya Russo, both of Jackson.
Flower girl was Elise Bruenderman, daughter of Darrin and Jill Bruenderman of Cape Girardeau and cousin of the groom. Ringbearer was Ryan Malone, son of Jerry and Ginger Malone and nephew of the bride.
Becky Bentley attended the guest book.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall. Servers were Retta Miller, Vicki Webb, Lynda King, Pam Adams and Janet Lowes.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner June 28 at the KC Hall.
Mrs. Schemel is a graduate of Jackson High School. She received a bachelor of science degree in chemistry from Southeast Missouri State University in 2000. She is a quality control analyst at BioKyowa Inc. in Cape Girardeau.
The groom is a graduate of Jackson High School. He received a bachelor of science degree in health management from Southeast University in 2002. He is employed at Mid-America Rehab in Cape Girardeau.
After a wedding trip to Mexico, the couple is residing in Jackson.