- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
DeAnna Marie Sides and Gregory Windsor Smith exchanged vows June 29, 2002, at Old McKendree Chapel in Jackson. The Rev. Ron Watts of Cape Girardeau performed the ceremony. Billy Keys of Cape Girardeau played keyboards and trumpet, Monte Wilson of Lexington, Ky., played acoustic guitar, and vocalist was Sherry Eakers of Cape Girardeau, aunt of the bride.
The bride is the daughter of Don and Debra Sides of Cape Girardeau. The groom is the son of Dr. Roy P. and Sande Meyer of Cape Girardeau.
Maid of honor was Kimberly Dodson of Cape Girardeau. Bridesmaids were Amber Wilson of Lexington and April Wenskay of Cape Girardeau, cousins of the bride; Tia Meyer of Springfield, Mo., sister of the groom; Julie McCord, Julie Huber and Robyn Kistner, all of Cape Girardeau.
Geoffrey Smith of Cape Girardeau served his brother as best man. Groomsmen were Dr. Scott Smith, Colin Patterson, Keith Inman, Patrick Evans, Shawn Nesler and Shannon Smith, all of Cape Girardeau. Ushers were Derek and Daniel Sides, brothers of the bride; Blake Gerard and Brent Metje, all of Cape Girardeau.
Flower girl was Brittany Beard, daughter of Tim and Melanie Beard of Cape Girardeau and cousin of the groom. Ringbearer was Drake Sides-Froemsdorf of Cape Girardeau, son of the bride.
Guest book and program attendant was Sarah Dodson of Cape Girardeau.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at the American Legion Hall in Jackson. Servers were Karen Elledge, Brenda Christensen, Dollie Vargas, Deborah Fulton; and Linda Farrar and Laura Klinkhardt, both aunts of the bride.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner June 28 at River Eagle Distributing in Cape Girardeau.
Mrs. Smith is a 1993 graduate of Central High School, and attended Southeast Missouri State University.
The groom is a 1988 graduate of Central High School, and attended Southeast University. He is employed by city of Cape Girardeau at Cape Girardeau Regional Airport.
After a wedding trip to Destin, Fla., the couple is residing in Cape Girardeau.