- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- Aldi store reopens after renovations (11/14/17)3
- Chantelle Becking strives to make a difference through her family and community (11/10/17)
- Federal jury finds surgeon Fonn guilty of kickback scheme (11/10/17)4
- Residents view pedestrian bridge as eyesore; city manager says it's designed to rust (11/13/17)8
- Jackson elementary students try to help others with 'kindness boxes' (11/6/17)1
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Search reveals body in lake near Poplar Bluff; foul play suspected (11/12/17)
WITTENBERG, Mo. -- Esther J. Doering, 103, of Wittenberg died Friday, Nov. 1, 2002, at her home.
She was born Feb. 5, 1899, at Old Appleton, daughter of Gottfried and Ida Landgraff Mueller. She and Ernst George Doering were married Feb. 27, 1927. He died Nov. 1, 1986.
She was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church in Altenburg, Mo.
Survivors include one son, Herb Doering of Frohna, Mo.; one daughter, Edna Doering of Frohna; one brother, Herbert Mueller of Mehlville, Mo.; and one sister, Frieda Loebs of Florissant, Mo.
She was preceded in death by one daughter, four sisters and one brother.
Friends may call at the Young and Sons East Perry Chapel in Altenburg from 4:30 to 9 p.m. today and from 6:30 a.m. until time of service Monday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the funeral chapel, with the Rev. Ronald Paseur officiating. Burial will be in the Trinity Lutheran Church cemetery at Altenburg.