- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Students move into new fraternity housing at Southeast Missouri State University (8/18/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)10
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Logan's Roadhouse in Cape not closing; Ruby Tuesday fate still unknown (8/17/16)
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
WITTENBERG, Mo. -- Esther J. Doering, 103, of Wittenberg died Friday, Nov. 1, 2002, at her home.
She was born Feb. 5, 1899, at Old Appleton, daughter of Gottfried and Ida Landgraff Mueller. She and Ernst George Doering were married Feb. 27, 1927. He died Nov. 1, 1986.
She was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church in Altenburg, Mo.
Survivors include one son, Herb Doering of Frohna, Mo.; one daughter, Edna Doering of Frohna; one brother, Herbert Mueller of Mehlville, Mo.; and one sister, Frieda Loebs of Florissant, Mo.
She was preceded in death by one daughter, four sisters and one brother.
Friends may call at the Young and Sons East Perry Chapel in Altenburg from 4:30 to 9 p.m. today and from 6:30 a.m. until time of service Monday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the funeral chapel, with the Rev. Ronald Paseur officiating. Burial will be in the Trinity Lutheran Church cemetery at Altenburg.