- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
COBDEN, Ill. -- Billy R. Morphis Jr., 32, of Paducah, Ky., died Friday, Nov. 1, 2002, at the Western Baptist Hospital in Paducah.
He was born May 3, 1970, at Covington, Tenn., son of Billy R. and Mary Clapp Morphis. He and Charlotte L. Pearson were married Sept. 23, 2000, at Cobden.
Survivors include his wife of Paducah; one daughter, Raven Nicole Morphis of Herrin, Ill.; his father of Henning, Tenn.; and one half brother, Jeremy Richardson of Dahlgren, Ill.
He was preceded in death by his mother.
Friends may call at the Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Cobden from 6 to 8 p.m. Monday.
Cremation will follow the visitation.