- Updated: Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/21/16)4
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)1
Pharmaceutical firms to make generic Prilosec
NEW YORK -- Three generic drug companies have joined forces to launch a generic version of the blockbuster ulcer medication Prilosec by the end of the year. The new version eventually could save consumers and businesses billions of dollars.
Andrx Corp. and GenPharm Inc. will relinquish their six-month, co-marketing exclusivity for a generic form of Prilosec to Kremers Urban Development Co., known as KUDCo, for a share of the profits. On Friday, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration gave final approval to KUDCo's version of Prilosec, which goes by the generic name omeprazole.
UBS Warburg analyst Steve Valiquette said KUDCo will likely price the drug 25 percent below Prilosec's $3.69 wholesale per-pill price.