- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)2
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)12
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
- Local foodies share most romantic places (2/22/18)
- Missouri governor indicted on invasion of privacy charge (2/23/18)6
Pharmaceutical firms to make generic Prilosec
NEW YORK -- Three generic drug companies have joined forces to launch a generic version of the blockbuster ulcer medication Prilosec by the end of the year. The new version eventually could save consumers and businesses billions of dollars.
Andrx Corp. and GenPharm Inc. will relinquish their six-month, co-marketing exclusivity for a generic form of Prilosec to Kremers Urban Development Co., known as KUDCo, for a share of the profits. On Friday, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration gave final approval to KUDCo's version of Prilosec, which goes by the generic name omeprazole.
UBS Warburg analyst Steve Valiquette said KUDCo will likely price the drug 25 percent below Prilosec's $3.69 wholesale per-pill price.