- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)7
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)4
Pharmaceutical firms to make generic Prilosec
NEW YORK -- Three generic drug companies have joined forces to launch a generic version of the blockbuster ulcer medication Prilosec by the end of the year. The new version eventually could save consumers and businesses billions of dollars.
Andrx Corp. and GenPharm Inc. will relinquish their six-month, co-marketing exclusivity for a generic form of Prilosec to Kremers Urban Development Co., known as KUDCo, for a share of the profits. On Friday, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration gave final approval to KUDCo's version of Prilosec, which goes by the generic name omeprazole.
UBS Warburg analyst Steve Valiquette said KUDCo will likely price the drug 25 percent below Prilosec's $3.69 wholesale per-pill price.