- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- A message from heaven (1/23/17)
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Area residents among those attending inauguration, women's march (1/22/17)90
- Comedian, cancer survivor Tom Green headlines sold-out Cancer Center benefit (1/22/17)
Pharmaceutical firms to make generic Prilosec
NEW YORK -- Three generic drug companies have joined forces to launch a generic version of the blockbuster ulcer medication Prilosec by the end of the year. The new version eventually could save consumers and businesses billions of dollars.
Andrx Corp. and GenPharm Inc. will relinquish their six-month, co-marketing exclusivity for a generic form of Prilosec to Kremers Urban Development Co., known as KUDCo, for a share of the profits. On Friday, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration gave final approval to KUDCo's version of Prilosec, which goes by the generic name omeprazole.
UBS Warburg analyst Steve Valiquette said KUDCo will likely price the drug 25 percent below Prilosec's $3.69 wholesale per-pill price.