- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- 'Love, not hate': Area residents gather to sing, talk about racial issues after violence in Charlottesville (8/14/17)89
Company sues over 'CSI'
The Associated Press
DENVER -- Real estate company Re/Max International has sued CBS, alleging an episode of "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" portrayed a shady real estate agent who used a for-sale sign that looked like a Re/Max sign.
The suit, filed Thursday in U.S. District Court, says the fictional agent illegally opened a house for a couple who ransack a closet and have sex in the home. The agent is later suspected of robbery. The agent used a real estate sign with red, white and blue bars similar to the Re/Max sign, and the sign is visible when an investigator says, "These slimes will do anything to sell a home," the suit says.