- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Singer Neal Boyd dies after struggle with health issues (6/12/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- Cape man charged with stabbing, killing dog for revenge (6/8/18)9
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
Company sues over 'CSI'
The Associated Press
DENVER -- Real estate company Re/Max International has sued CBS, alleging an episode of "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" portrayed a shady real estate agent who used a for-sale sign that looked like a Re/Max sign.
The suit, filed Thursday in U.S. District Court, says the fictional agent illegally opened a house for a couple who ransack a closet and have sex in the home. The agent is later suspected of robbery. The agent used a real estate sign with red, white and blue bars similar to the Re/Max sign, and the sign is visible when an investigator says, "These slimes will do anything to sell a home," the suit says.