- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)2
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)2
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
Dentist buys candy
SANTA ROSA, Calif. -- A dentist is offering trick or treaters $1 a pound for their sweets to make a point about dental hygeine.
Dr. Stephen Berger has offered to buy children's Halloween candy since 1984. He said he averages about 1,500 pounds of treats a year, and that he has the candy carted off to the dump.
Berger said his biggest year was about six years ago, when he collected 1,953 pounds of candy.
"I have kids who save candy all year long. I say if it's candy, it's fair game," he said.