- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)22
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
Dentist buys candy
SANTA ROSA, Calif. -- A dentist is offering trick or treaters $1 a pound for their sweets to make a point about dental hygeine.
Dr. Stephen Berger has offered to buy children's Halloween candy since 1984. He said he averages about 1,500 pounds of treats a year, and that he has the candy carted off to the dump.
Berger said his biggest year was about six years ago, when he collected 1,953 pounds of candy.
"I have kids who save candy all year long. I say if it's candy, it's fair game," he said.