- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Letter to the editor
To the editor:
I'd like to comment on the behavior of the broadcasters of the Southeast Missouri State University football team.
As I was driving through the area Saturday, I heard a commentator make a reference toward the opponent's coach, who was of Italian background. This individual stated after the opponent's head coach questioned a call by the official, "He's telling him (the official) about the 'guys' he has on his staff."
I am not from this area, but I am of Italian descent and am offended that this individual would lump this particular coach with a predisposed opinion about what Italians represent. We are not all leg-breakers, as this analyst was making reference to.
I would hope that this university and that radio station would do a better job of selecting the individuals who represent their institution. FRANK SERGE