- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Hideki Matsui has the same status as the major league players who file for free agency: The Japanese star can start talking money with teams on Nov. 13. The 28-year-old outfielder won his third Japanese Central League MVP award Friday, just hours after announcing he intends to leave the Yomiuri Giants to pursue a career in the American major leagues.
Despite failing to make the World Series for the first time since 1997, the Yankees are raising the price of their best seats by $10, blaming the increase on baseball's labor deal.
Nets guard Jason Kidd was fine $5,000 by the NBA for elbowing Indiana's Jamaal Tinsley. Kidd was ejected from Friday night's game between the Nets and Paces with 4:52 left for throwing an elbow at Tinsley after the two were called for technicals while backing each other in the post.
English rookie Luke Donald birdied three of the last four holes for a 5-under 67 and a one-stroke lead in the Southern Farm Bureau Classic. The former NCAA champion from Northwestern, four strokes behind Brad Elder midway through the round, had a 15-under 201 total for the first 54-hole lead of his PGA Tour career.
Carin Koch beat Michele Redmen 2 and 1 to advance to the semifinals of the World Ladies Match Play Championship. Koch will face Grace Park in the semifinals. Park easily advanced, routing Yuri Fudoh 6 and 5 on the windswept Narita Golf Club course. In the other quarterfinals, Hee-Won Han beat Rosie Jones 5 and 4, and Midori Yoneyama defeated Kelly Robbins 4 and 3.
Ian Poulter made his third career hole in one and shot a 5-under 67 to take a one-stroke lead in the rain-shortened Italian Open.
Spain and Slovakia split opening matches in the Fed Cup final. Conchita Martinez gave Spain a 1-0 lead in the best-of-five series by beating Janette Husarova 6-4, 7-6 (6), but Daniela Hantuchova tied it for Slovakia by topping Magui Serna 6-2, 6-1.
-- From wire reports