- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
JONESBORO, Ill. -- The funeral for Della Brown of Jonesboro will be held at 11 a.m. today at Crain Funeral Home in Anna, Ill. The Rev. Mark Kirk will officiate. Burial will be in Meisenheimer Cemetery at Dongola, Ill.
Brown, 104, died Wednesday, Oct. 30, 2002, at Select Specialty Hospital in St. Louis.
She was born April 6, 1898, in Dongola, daughter of Henry and Ellen Lingle Kesler. She and Fonzy Keller were married April 15, 1915. He preceded her in death. She later married L.W. Brown Oct. 15, 1941. He died in 1950.
Brown attended First Baptist Church, and was a former member of Tuesday Tea Club and Homemakers Club.
Survivors include a daughter, Lorese Gury of St. Louis.