- Emergency c-section on dead mother saves baby following I-55 wreck (05/15/16)19
- Big drug haul made during Cape Girardeau bust (05/17/16)11
- Police charge Perryville man with statutory rape of two underage girls (05/17/16)
- Teen shot outside apartment off Lorimier Street (05/20/16)39
- Body found Thursday at Ranney Park in Cape (05/20/16)10
- Bollinger County deputies bust man on meth-for-sex sting (05/20/16)2
- Area farmer pleads guilty to fraud (05/18/16)1
- Perryville man accused of grabbing woman around throat, pulling out her hair (05/18/16)1
- Charleston man accused of fatally shooting Cape teen (05/22/16)24
- Vandals ravage historic Shivelbine house before demolition (05/18/16)25
JONESBORO, Ill. -- The funeral for Della Brown of Jonesboro will be held at 11 a.m. today at Crain Funeral Home in Anna, Ill. The Rev. Mark Kirk will officiate. Burial will be in Meisenheimer Cemetery at Dongola, Ill.
Brown, 104, died Wednesday, Oct. 30, 2002, at Select Specialty Hospital in St. Louis.
She was born April 6, 1898, in Dongola, daughter of Henry and Ellen Lingle Kesler. She and Fonzy Keller were married April 15, 1915. He preceded her in death. She later married L.W. Brown Oct. 15, 1941. He died in 1950.
Brown attended First Baptist Church, and was a former member of Tuesday Tea Club and Homemakers Club.
Survivors include a daughter, Lorese Gury of St. Louis.