- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- John Henry Cook, 72, of Marble Hill died Wednesday, Oct. 30, 2002, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Jan. 7, 1930, at Bessville, Mo., son of the Rev. John Elza and Hattie Adaline Cook.
Cook worked at Barker Furniture Store several years. He was a member of Hurricane Fork General Baptist Church.
Survivors include three sons, Denver and Randy Cook of Marble Hill, the Rev. Kenny Cook of McLeansboro, Ill.; a daughter, Jody Thiele of Wappapello, Mo.; a brother, Odie Cook of Marble Hill; two sisters, Anna Douglas and Mary Long of Marble Hill; 12 grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and two brothers.
Friends may call at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill from 4 to 8 p.m. Saturday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Sunday at Hurricane Fork Church, with the Revs. Steven Sander and Kenny Cook officiating. Burial will be in Hurricane Fork Cemetery.