- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Three out, including city administrator, at Scott City; two resigned, one fired (3/16/17)1
- Several tournaments already booked at Sportsplex (3/16/17)6
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)10
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)21
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
Danes are facing criticism in arrest of Chechen rebel
COPENHAGEN, Denmark -- Russia sought the extradition Thursday of a Chechen rebel envoy accused of planning last week's deadly hostage crisis, as the Danish government faced criticism for bowing to diplomatic pressure.
Akhmed Zakayev, a top aide of Chechen separatist leader Aslan Maskhadov, was arrested Wednesday in Copenhagen and jailed until Nov. 12 pending an investigation.
Zakayev, who often visited foreign capitals for informal consultations on the war in the breakaway Russian republic, was taken into custody just hours after the conclusion of a conference of Chechen rebels and human rights activists scheduled in the Danish capital.