- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
Danes are facing criticism in arrest of Chechen rebel
COPENHAGEN, Denmark -- Russia sought the extradition Thursday of a Chechen rebel envoy accused of planning last week's deadly hostage crisis, as the Danish government faced criticism for bowing to diplomatic pressure.
Akhmed Zakayev, a top aide of Chechen separatist leader Aslan Maskhadov, was arrested Wednesday in Copenhagen and jailed until Nov. 12 pending an investigation.
Zakayev, who often visited foreign capitals for informal consultations on the war in the breakaway Russian republic, was taken into custody just hours after the conclusion of a conference of Chechen rebels and human rights activists scheduled in the Danish capital.