- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- Mother, child reportedly hit by car in Cape Girardeau (6/18/18)
People talk 11/1/02
Musician takes firm to court for back pay
NEW YORK -- Rocker Joan Jett has filed a lawsuit against GMR Productions, claiming she didn't receive payment for her work on the movie "Prey for Rock & Roll."
According to the lawsuit filed in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, Jett was to receive $100,000 for a cameo appearance in the film as well as proceeds from the sale of the soundtrack.
She received $20,000 in March, Jett said. The 42-year-old singer, whose hits include "I Love Rock 'n' Roll," said production was stopped in May.
GMR Productions' telephone number is unlisted.
Singer awaiting word on kidney transplant
LOS ANGELES -- Deep-voiced soul singer Barry White was resting at home while his search for a kidney donor continued, his manager said.
White, 58, had dialysis treatment in September to stabilize his condition, a complication from years of chronic high blood pressure.
"I see him every day, and he's doing better every day," manager Ned Shankman said Wednesday. "He's a candidate for transplant. We're still looking for a match."
Potential donors include White's own children, Shankman said.
Costner recovering from appendectomy
LOS ANGELES -- Actor-director Kevin Costner is recuperating at his Los Angeles area home following surgery last week to remove his appendix, a spokesman said.
The surgery was described as a common appendectomy and wasn't serious.
"He is recovering at his home in Los Angeles for two weeks. He has another week at home," publicist Paul Bloch said Wednesday. There were no other details.
-- From wire reports