- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)19
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
People talk 11/1/02
Musician takes firm to court for back pay
NEW YORK -- Rocker Joan Jett has filed a lawsuit against GMR Productions, claiming she didn't receive payment for her work on the movie "Prey for Rock & Roll."
According to the lawsuit filed in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, Jett was to receive $100,000 for a cameo appearance in the film as well as proceeds from the sale of the soundtrack.
She received $20,000 in March, Jett said. The 42-year-old singer, whose hits include "I Love Rock 'n' Roll," said production was stopped in May.
GMR Productions' telephone number is unlisted.
Singer awaiting word on kidney transplant
LOS ANGELES -- Deep-voiced soul singer Barry White was resting at home while his search for a kidney donor continued, his manager said.
White, 58, had dialysis treatment in September to stabilize his condition, a complication from years of chronic high blood pressure.
"I see him every day, and he's doing better every day," manager Ned Shankman said Wednesday. "He's a candidate for transplant. We're still looking for a match."
Potential donors include White's own children, Shankman said.
Costner recovering from appendectomy
LOS ANGELES -- Actor-director Kevin Costner is recuperating at his Los Angeles area home following surgery last week to remove his appendix, a spokesman said.
The surgery was described as a common appendectomy and wasn't serious.
"He is recovering at his home in Los Angeles for two weeks. He has another week at home," publicist Paul Bloch said Wednesday. There were no other details.
-- From wire reports