- Emergency c-section on dead mother saves baby following I-55 wreck (05/15/16)19
- Big drug haul made during Cape Girardeau bust (05/17/16)11
- Police charge Perryville man with statutory rape of two underage girls (05/17/16)
- Teen shot outside apartment off Lorimier Street (05/20/16)39
- Body found Thursday at Ranney Park in Cape (05/20/16)10
- Bollinger County deputies bust man on meth-for-sex sting (05/20/16)2
- Area farmer pleads guilty to fraud (05/18/16)1
- Perryville man accused of grabbing woman around throat, pulling out her hair (05/18/16)1
- Charleston man accused of fatally shooting Cape teen (05/22/16)24
- Vandals ravage historic Shivelbine house before demolition (05/18/16)25
People talk 11/1/02
Musician takes firm to court for back pay
NEW YORK -- Rocker Joan Jett has filed a lawsuit against GMR Productions, claiming she didn't receive payment for her work on the movie "Prey for Rock & Roll."
According to the lawsuit filed in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, Jett was to receive $100,000 for a cameo appearance in the film as well as proceeds from the sale of the soundtrack.
She received $20,000 in March, Jett said. The 42-year-old singer, whose hits include "I Love Rock 'n' Roll," said production was stopped in May.
GMR Productions' telephone number is unlisted.
Singer awaiting word on kidney transplant
LOS ANGELES -- Deep-voiced soul singer Barry White was resting at home while his search for a kidney donor continued, his manager said.
White, 58, had dialysis treatment in September to stabilize his condition, a complication from years of chronic high blood pressure.
"I see him every day, and he's doing better every day," manager Ned Shankman said Wednesday. "He's a candidate for transplant. We're still looking for a match."
Potential donors include White's own children, Shankman said.
Costner recovering from appendectomy
LOS ANGELES -- Actor-director Kevin Costner is recuperating at his Los Angeles area home following surgery last week to remove his appendix, a spokesman said.
The surgery was described as a common appendectomy and wasn't serious.
"He is recovering at his home in Los Angeles for two weeks. He has another week at home," publicist Paul Bloch said Wednesday. There were no other details.
-- From wire reports