- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Gracie I. McSpadden, 74, of Advance, Mo., died Wednesday, Oct. 30, 2002, at her home. She was born July 15, 1928, at Housecreek, Mo., daughter of John and Mary Bland Chronister.
She was a member of General Baptist Church.
She and Junior McSpadden were married on Nov. 23, 1946, at Poplar Bluff, Mo.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Garen McSpadden of Liberal, Kan.; a daughter, Sandra Pittman of Advance; two brothers, Jim Chronister and Clifford Chronister, both of Kansas City, Mo.; four grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by four sisters and three brothers.
Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the Morgan Funeral Home in Advance. The Rev. Rudy Pittman and Brother Dan Overton will officiate. Burial will follow at the Berrong Cemetery in Gipsy, Mo.
Visitation will be Friday.