- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)25
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
ULLIN, Ill. -- Muriel Oakes, 82, of Arizona City, Ariz., died Friday, Oct. 25, 2002, in Casa Grande, Ariz.
She was born Jan. 25, 1920, at Ullin, daughter of Earl and Ella File Sichling. She married Robert Oakes.
Survivors include her husband; a daughter, Cheryl Davis of Montgomery, Ill.; two sons, Robert Oakes of Arizona City, Ronald Oakes of Aurora, Colo.; two brothers, Loren Sichling of Granite City, Ill., Phil Sichling of Pulaski, Ill.; a sister, Donna West of Dongola, Ill.; six grandchildren; and 12 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a sister and four brothers.
Friends may call at Wilson Funeral Home in Karnak, Ill., after 10 a.m. Friday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the funeral home. The Rev. Mike Abel will officiate. Burial will be in Friendship Cemetery at Dongola.