- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ULLIN, Ill. -- Muriel Oakes, 82, of Arizona City, Ariz., died Friday, Oct. 25, 2002, in Casa Grande, Ariz.
She was born Jan. 25, 1920, at Ullin, daughter of Earl and Ella File Sichling. She married Robert Oakes.
Survivors include her husband; a daughter, Cheryl Davis of Montgomery, Ill.; two sons, Robert Oakes of Arizona City, Ronald Oakes of Aurora, Colo.; two brothers, Loren Sichling of Granite City, Ill., Phil Sichling of Pulaski, Ill.; a sister, Donna West of Dongola, Ill.; six grandchildren; and 12 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a sister and four brothers.
Friends may call at Wilson Funeral Home in Karnak, Ill., after 10 a.m. Friday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the funeral home. The Rev. Mike Abel will officiate. Burial will be in Friendship Cemetery at Dongola.