- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)5
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
ST. LOUIS -- Berdie Esther Gilliland, 92, died Sunday, Oct. 27, 2002, at Truman Restorative Center in St. Louis.
She was born May 21, 1910, in Millersville, daughter of David and Jessie Fulbright Statler.
She married Charley A. Gilliland. He preceded her in death.
She was a seamstress for Dress Manufacturing Company in St. Louis. She was a member of Kingshighway Baptist Church and Mission Action.
Survivors include two daughters, Charline Moeller, and Sandra Brewer, both of St. Louis; two sisters, Lillie Matthews and Irene Sewings; seven grandchildren; six great- grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a sister.
Friends may call at John L. Ziegenhein & Sons Funeral Home in St. Louis from 3 to 9 p.m. Wednesday.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, and graveside service will be at 12:15 p.m. at Memorial Park Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.