- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Doris Ann Slattery, 67, of Perryville died Sunday, Oct. 27, 2002, at her home.
She was born Dec. 13, 1934, at Longtown, Mo., daughter of John Milton and Violet Mae Graves Abernathy.
Slattery retired as a technician from TG Missouri. She was a 1952 graduate of Perryville High School.
She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, past district president of Ladies Auxiliary to VFW Post 3838 in Cape Girardeau, and was instrumental in developing Cape Girardeau Girls Softball League.
Survivors include five sons, Larry Slattery of O'Fallon, Mo., Terry Slattery of Cape Girardeau, Jerry Slattery of Grand Ledge, Mich., Timothy Slattery of Casey, Ill., John Slattery of Jackson; a daughter, Sharon Meyer of Perryville; a sister, Winnie Frentzel of Perryville; a brother, John Abernathy of Jackson; and 17 grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a brother.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday, and Saturday from 6:30 to 11:30 a.m. The parish wake will be at 6 p.m. Friday, and the rosary will be recited at 11 a.m. Saturday.
Funeral Mass will be at noon Saturday at St. Vincent de Paul Church. The Rev. Kevin Fausz will officiate. Burial will be in York Chapel Methodist Cemetery at Longtown.