- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
TAMMS, Ill. -- Ruby Wilkerson, 89, of Tamms died at 5:56 p.m. Friday, Oct. 25, 2002, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girar-deau.
She was born Jan. 22, 1913, at Miller City, Ill., the daughter of Lloyd and Lulu Bowers Dillman. She was married to Jerry Wilkerson. He preceded her in death Nov. 25, 1964.
Mrs. Wilkerson was a member of the United Methodist Church in Tamms.
Survivors include her daughter, Joan Angel Orsburn and husband John of Tamms; two daughters-in-law, Joan Wilkerson of Tamms and Ruth Wilkerson of Sun City, Ill., six grandchildren; 11 great-grandchildren; one great-great-grandchild; four stepgrandchildren; five stepgreat-grandchildren; four stepgreat-great-grandchildren; two sisters, Lorene Saxe of Chicago and Mary Burman of Hollywood, Fla.; one brother, Charlie Dillman of Jonesboro, Ill.; nieces; nephews; and other relatives.
Besides her husband and parents, she was also preceded in death by two sons, Donald and Jerry Wilkerson; a daughter, Geraldine Wilkerson; a sister, Gladys, and a brother, Lloyd.
Funeral services for Ruby Wilkerson will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 29, at Crain Funeral Home in Tamms with Rev. Larry Buckles officiating. Interment will be in Oakwood Cemetery at Mount Vernon.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday and on Tuesday until time of services at Crain Funeral Home in Tamms.