- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Kathy M. Holmes, 41, of Advance passed away Monday, Oct. 21, 2002, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born July 18, 1961, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Royal and Wilma Umfleet Bohnsack. She and Donnie Holmes were married Sept. 3, 1983, in Advance.
Kathy had been a remedial reading teacher 17 years at Zalma R-V School District at Zalma, Mo. She was the district PDC representative and a member of First Baptist Church. Kathy was a 1979 graduate of Advance High School, received a bachelor's degree from Southeast Missouri State University and received a graduate degree from Southwest Baptist College.
Survivors include her husband; her parents of Advance; father and mother-in-law, Don and Laverne Holmes of Zalma; a brother and sister-in-law, Ricky and Roberta Bohnsack of Essex, Mo.; a brother-in-law and sister-in-law, Bob and Lisa Gowen of Marble Hill, Mo.; two nieces; a nephew; a great-niece; and three great-nephews.
Friends may call at Morgan Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home. The Rev. Rudy Pittman will officiate, assisted by the Rev. Bill Sargent. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park.