- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Voters may get chance to decide overpass issue
DEXTER, Mo. -- Citizens in Dexter may have the opportunity to let their feelings be known on a proposed railroad overpass project.
City attorney Bud Lawrence presented to the Dexter board of aldermen Monday evening a proposed ordinance placing the overpass project on the February 2003 special election ballot.
"In talking about the proposed overpass of the railroad connecting Anna Drive to Arvin Road, we thought that since there has been so much controversy it might be a good thing that since we are going to have a special election anyway to submit that to the voters," Lawrence said.