- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
GRASSY, Mo. -- Sam Allen Trolinger, 68, of Grassy died Monday, Oct. 21, 2002, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born July 4, 1934, at Salem, Mo., son of Samuel and Hazel Allen Trolinger. He and Reva Dobbs were married Dec. 23, 1955, at Belleview, Mo. She died Aug. 26, 2000.
Trolinger retired as an auto worker at Chrysler. He was a member of American Association of Retired Persons and National Rifle Association. He attended Grassy Friendship Church. He was formerly of Hematite, Mo.
He served in the U.S. Army from 1957 to 1959.
Survivors include a friend, Marilyn Johnson of Festus, Mo., and nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents, four sisters, and seven brothers.
Friends may call at Hutchings Funeral Chapel in Marble Hill, Mo., from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the chapel, with the Rev. Ivan Dowd officiating. Graveside service will be at 2 p.m. at Caledonia Methodist Cemetery in Caledonia, Mo.