- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)4
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)
- Deputy: Man kicked, broke uncle's ribs after yard-work dispute (4/19/17)
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Edna L. Ponder, 74, of Perryville died Monday, Oct. 21, 2002, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Dec. 10, 1927, at Patton, Mo., daughter of Ferdinand and Annie Belle Barks Ruessler. She and Rudolph J. Ponder were married June 6, 1945. He died June 9, 1987.
Ponder had worked at International Shoe Co. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church.
Survivors include four daughters, Pamela Hoff and Evelyn Pingel of Perryville, Velda Vogt of Serena, Ill., Clara Blechle of Old Appleton, Mo.; four sons, Gerald, Wayne, Mike and Robert "Bob" Ponder, all of Perryville; two sisters, Ruby Wilfong of Patton, Laura Winkler of Perryville; 14 grandchildren; and 17 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, seven sisters, three brothers, and two grandchildren.
Friends may call at Miller Family Funeral Home from 4 to 9 p.m. today, and from 6:30 to 10:50 a.m. Wednesday. The parish wake service will be at 5 p.m. today. The rosary will be recited at 9 a.m. Wednesday.
Funeral Mass will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at St. Vincent de Paul Church. The Rev. Kevin Fausz will officiate. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.