- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Edna L. Ponder, 74, of Perryville died Monday, Oct. 21, 2002, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Dec. 10, 1927, at Patton, Mo., daughter of Ferdinand and Annie Belle Barks Ruessler. She and Rudolph J. Ponder were married June 6, 1945. He died June 9, 1987.
Ponder had worked at International Shoe Co. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church.
Survivors include four daughters, Pamela Hoff and Evelyn Pingel of Perryville, Velda Vogt of Serena, Ill., Clara Blechle of Old Appleton, Mo.; four sons, Gerald, Wayne, Mike and Robert "Bob" Ponder, all of Perryville; two sisters, Ruby Wilfong of Patton, Laura Winkler of Perryville; 14 grandchildren; and 17 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, seven sisters, three brothers, and two grandchildren.
Friends may call at Miller Family Funeral Home from 4 to 9 p.m. today, and from 6:30 to 10:50 a.m. Wednesday. The parish wake service will be at 5 p.m. today. The rosary will be recited at 9 a.m. Wednesday.
Funeral Mass will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at St. Vincent de Paul Church. The Rev. Kevin Fausz will officiate. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.