- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)23
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- A shot at a Harley: Man's basketball feat at Southeast game wins new motorcycle (2/27/17)
- Two men crack market with local cage-free eggs (2/26/17)13
- Singer Neal Boyd says he faces physical therapy after Jan. 22 traffic accident (2/27/17)
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Edna L. Ponder, 74, of Perryville died Monday, Oct. 21, 2002, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Dec. 10, 1927, at Patton, Mo., daughter of Ferdinand and Annie Belle Barks Ruessler. She and Rudolph J. Ponder were married June 6, 1945. He died June 9, 1987.
Ponder had worked at International Shoe Co. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church.
Survivors include four daughters, Pamela Hoff and Evelyn Pingel of Perryville, Velda Vogt of Serena, Ill., Clara Blechle of Old Appleton, Mo.; four sons, Gerald, Wayne, Mike and Robert "Bob" Ponder, all of Perryville; two sisters, Ruby Wilfong of Patton, Laura Winkler of Perryville; 14 grandchildren; and 17 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, seven sisters, three brothers, and two grandchildren.
Friends may call at Miller Family Funeral Home from 4 to 9 p.m. today, and from 6:30 to 10:50 a.m. Wednesday. The parish wake service will be at 5 p.m. today. The rosary will be recited at 9 a.m. Wednesday.
Funeral Mass will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at St. Vincent de Paul Church. The Rev. Kevin Fausz will officiate. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.