- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- Aldi store reopens after renovations (11/14/17)3
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Residents view pedestrian bridge as eyesore; city manager says it's designed to rust (11/13/17)8
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- Son of Westboro Baptist Church patriarch discusses abuse, faith (11/15/17)6
- Federal jury finds surgeon Fonn guilty of kickback scheme (11/10/17)4
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Edna L. Ponder, 74, of Perryville died Monday, Oct. 21, 2002, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Dec. 10, 1927, at Patton, Mo., daughter of Ferdinand and Annie Belle Barks Ruessler. She and Rudolph J. Ponder were married June 6, 1945. He died June 9, 1987.
Ponder had worked at International Shoe Co. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church.
Survivors include four daughters, Pamela Hoff and Evelyn Pingel of Perryville, Velda Vogt of Serena, Ill., Clara Blechle of Old Appleton, Mo.; four sons, Gerald, Wayne, Mike and Robert "Bob" Ponder, all of Perryville; two sisters, Ruby Wilfong of Patton, Laura Winkler of Perryville; 14 grandchildren; and 17 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, seven sisters, three brothers, and two grandchildren.
Friends may call at Miller Family Funeral Home from 4 to 9 p.m. today, and from 6:30 to 10:50 a.m. Wednesday. The parish wake service will be at 5 p.m. today. The rosary will be recited at 9 a.m. Wednesday.
Funeral Mass will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at St. Vincent de Paul Church. The Rev. Kevin Fausz will officiate. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.