- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
- Revival of Oran police board urged amid timecard fraud, nepotism allegations (5/17/17)4
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Edna L. Ponder, 74, of Perryville died Monday, Oct. 21, 2002, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Dec. 10, 1927, at Patton, Mo., daughter of Ferdinand and Annie Belle Barks Ruessler. She and Rudolph J. Ponder were married June 6, 1945. He died June 9, 1987.
Ponder had worked at International Shoe Co. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church.
Survivors include four daughters, Pamela Hoff and Evelyn Pingel of Perryville, Velda Vogt of Serena, Ill., Clara Blechle of Old Appleton, Mo.; four sons, Gerald, Wayne, Mike and Robert "Bob" Ponder, all of Perryville; two sisters, Ruby Wilfong of Patton, Laura Winkler of Perryville; 14 grandchildren; and 17 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, seven sisters, three brothers, and two grandchildren.
Friends may call at Miller Family Funeral Home from 4 to 9 p.m. today, and from 6:30 to 10:50 a.m. Wednesday. The parish wake service will be at 5 p.m. today. The rosary will be recited at 9 a.m. Wednesday.
Funeral Mass will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at St. Vincent de Paul Church. The Rev. Kevin Fausz will officiate. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.