- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
DONGOLA, Ill. -- Ruby P. Sronce, 79, of Columbus, Ind., formerly of Dongola, Ill., died Sunday, Oct. 20, 2002, at Silver Oaks Health Campus.
She was born Sept. 11, 1923, in Ullin, Ill., daughter of Lee and Susie Watson Morris. On Aug. 20, 1950, she married Jesse J. Sronce in Murphysboro, Ill. He preceded her in death Aug. 29, 1996.
Survivors include six daughters, Brenda Sue Sanders of Columbus, Pauline Rolon of Taylorsville, Ind., Marilyn Hale of Dongola, Bonnie Dunn of Round Lake Park, Ill., Louanna Swink of Hillsboro, Mo., and Barbara McCrite of Tamms, Ill.; a sister, Alvina Sanders of Taylorsville; 13 grandchildren; and 16 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two sisters, a brother and a grandchild.
No service is planned. Myers Funeral Service in Columbus is in charge of arrangements.