- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Brian Lee "Snoop" Sides, 28, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, Oct. 19, 2002, at his home.
He was born Feb. 19, 1974, in Cape Girardeau, son of Gary Gene and Brenda Lunsford Sides of Jackson. He and Melinda Zimmerman were married July 30, 2002, in Cape Girardeau.
He was a member of Faith Baptist Temple in Cape Girardeau and a former member of New Bethel Baptist Church near Pocahontas, Mo.
He attended Jackson High School and had worked at ACF Industries and Ceramo in Jackson. In 2000, cancer forced him to leave his most recent job at the Show Me Center.
Other survivors include his wife; his parents; a stepson, Jesse Zimmerman of Cape Girardeau; a stepdaughter, Amanda Zimmerman of Carterville, Ill.; a brother, Scott Sides of Jackson; a paternal grandfather, Charles Sides Jr. of Jackson; and a maternal grandmother, Geraldine Laramore of Jackson.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson. Funeral will be at 2 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home with the Rev. James Eddy officiating. Burial will follow in Pleasant Hill Cemetery.