- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Stella L. Hoffman, 77, of Perryville died on Friday, Oct. 18, 2002, at Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis.
She was born on Oct. 23, 1924, at New Haven, Mo., daughter of Gottlieb A. and Regina Ohse Nething.
She was a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church, Chancel Guild, Lutheran Women Missionary League and church choir.
She and Gilbert Hoffman were married Nov. 8, 1953.
Survivors include her husband of Perryville; a son, Robert Hoffman of Perryville; two daughters, Patricia Hoffman and Linda Hoffman of Perryville; two sisters, Flora Reinke of Washington, Mo., and Esther Walkenhorst of New Haven; and three grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two sisters and an infant sister.
Friends may call at Young & Sons Chapel in Perryville from 4 to 9 p.m. today and from 6:30 to 9 a.m. Monday.
Funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Monday at Immanuel Lutheran Church in Perryville, with the Rev. Craig Otto officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.