- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
VILLA RIDGE, Ill. -- Cora Brown, 84, of Villa Ridge died Friday, Oct. 18, 2002, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Dec. 30, 1917, in Pulaski County, Ill., daughter of Elmer and Cora Clifford. She married John T. Brown, who died May 31, 1992.
She worked for Prudential Insurance for many years in Mount Vernon, Ill., retiring in 1979.
Survivors include one niece, Brenda Berryhill of Cape Girardeau, and one nephew, Steve Clifford of Villa Ridge.
She was preceded in death by one brother.
Graveside service will be at 11 a.m. Monday at St. Mary's Catholic Cemetery in Mounds, Ill., with Monsignor Bill McGhee officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.
Jones Funeral Home of Villa Ridge is in charge of arrangements.