- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
VILLA RIDGE, Ill. -- Cora Brown, 84, of Villa Ridge died Friday, Oct. 18, 2002, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Dec. 30, 1917, in Pulaski County, Ill., daughter of Elmer and Cora Clifford. She married John T. Brown, who died May 31, 1992.
She worked for Prudential Insurance for many years in Mount Vernon, Ill., retiring in 1979.
Survivors include one niece, Brenda Berryhill of Cape Girardeau, and one nephew, Steve Clifford of Villa Ridge.
She was preceded in death by one brother.
Graveside service will be at 11 a.m. Monday at St. Mary's Catholic Cemetery in Mounds, Ill., with Monsignor Bill McGhee officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.
Jones Funeral Home of Villa Ridge is in charge of arrangements.