- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
COBDEN, Ill. -- Marie L. Pearson, 67, of Cobden died Friday, Oct. 18, 2002, at her home.
She was born May 23, 1935, in Cobden, daughter of Andrew and Eva Acklin. She and Kenneth L. Pearson were married Nov. 4, 1960, in Anna, Ill.
Pearson was a retired nurse's aide, and member of Water Valley Christian Church.
Survivors include her husband; a daughter, Shirley Broadway of Anna; three sons, Wayne, Richard and Kenny Pearson, all of Cobden; four brothers, Ed Acklin of Cobden, Howard Acklin of Anna, Andrew Acklin of Jonesboro, Ill., Charles Acklin of California; 11 grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, an infant son, and two brothers.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Cobden after 6 p.m. today, and Sunday until service time.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Don Fisher and Dennis Nance officiating. Burial will be in Rowan Cemetery at Makanda, Ill.