- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Body of slain Campbell man found in ditch
CAMPBELL, Mo. -- A person picking up aluminum cans Wednesday afternoon along WW Highway a half mile north of Campbell, discovered the body of Damon R. Allen, 37, of Campbell in a concrete drainage ditch.
An investigation of the death is being conducted by the Dunklin County Major Case Squad, which consists of members of the Dunklin County Sheriff's Office, Dunklin County Prosecutors Office, Missouri Highway Patrol, and Kennett and Malden police.
Dunklin County Sheriff Bob Holder said details of the death would not be released until after an autopsy, which had been scheduled for Thursday.
The body was found in a deep area and is estimated to have been there 48 to 72 hours.
The death is being investigated as an accident or possible homicide.
Anyone seeing Allen within the last week should contact the Dunklin County Sheriff's Department at (573) 888-2409.