- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)6
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)47
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)16
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)12
People Talk 10/18/02
Celine Dion makes preparations for return
BRUSSELS, Belgium -- After settling into her leafy new villa, Celine Dion got down to work Thursday, preparing for her return to the stage next year with a new Las Vegas show with a month-long rehearsal in Belgium.
Fans traveled from as far as the Netherlands to see the 34-year-old singer, her husband, Rene Angelil, and their baby, Rene-Charles.
"I've just arrived in Belgium and I'm so surprised by this warm welcome," Dion said. "I'm a bit tired, but happy to be here for a month."
Dion arrived amid much anticipation late Tuesday, emerging from a Mercedes at her house in Bousval, 22 miles southeast of Brussels.
Belgian news media widely reported Dion's arrival and were camped outside her heavily guarded villa for days to try and catch a glimpse.
Dion is to appear at Caesars Palace's new $100 million, 4,000-seat Colosseum theater to headline an exclusive, as yet unnamed show, premiering next March. She's agreed to perform 200 nights a year, and the show is scheduled to run at least three years.
Rhea wants to plan wedding interactively
NEW YORK -- You've heard of "American Idol." Caroline Rhea has "American Bridal."
This month, the host of "The Caroline Rhea Show" is asking for help planning her wedding interactively.
Rhea poses questions, such as what color her dress should be, what kind of cake she should order, and whether her fiance, Bob Kelty, should have a woman serve as his best man.
Viewers can log on to her show's Web site, caroline.warnerbros.com to vote, and Rhea will announce the results the next day.
The 38-year-old former co-star of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" took over as host after Rosie O'Donnell left her syndicated talk show in May.
Rhea and Kelty, an executive with the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, met at one of the foundation's functions and have been engaged since 1999. They haven't finalized a wedding date yet, but hope to tie the knot in November or December.-- From wire reports