- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Levee work begins in New Madrid
Equipment is moving the dirt on the New Madrid levee front in preparation for a $2.5 million riverfront improvement project.
The work, done by the Corps of Engineers, will provide improved access to the river and allow for better maintenance of the levee.
Plans call for a walkway and seating along the levee and a new parking lot and boat ramp. Also, new lighting is to be installed and the area will be made more handicap accessible.