- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)30
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
BBB issues warning about cable company
SIKESTON -- The Better Business Bureau has issued a warning against a Sikeston cable company, citing 110 complaints and reports regarding its service.
Cable Direct at 1220 N. Main St. has had the complaints lodged against it since 1999, according to the bureau, which has given it an unsatisfactory rating.
According to the bureau, many complainants have billing problems with the company, that they get poor reception and poor customer service, and that the company schedules repair appointments but doesn't show up for them.
One customer in Jefferson City complained of not having service for 45 days and was still being billed.
According to information provided by the company, Jim Gleason is president of Cable Direct.
The company has not responded to the bureau's request for more information.