- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ANNA, Ill. -- Herbert Wayne Kelley, 70, of Anna died Tuesday, Oct. 15, 2002, at his home.
He was born July 23, 1932, in Anna, son of Jesse and Grace Phillips Kelley. He and Imogene Rogers were married Dec. 3, 1954, in Anna.
Kelley retired as head of the alcoholic treatment ward at Choate Mental and Developmental Center.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Steven Kelley of Anna; a daughter, Terrie Isom of Anna; two sisters, Louise Kelley and Afton Davidson of Anna; a granddaughter; and three stepgrandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a brother.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna after noon today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. today at the funeral home, with the Rev. Steve Wilkinson officiating. Burial will be in Alto Pass Cemetery, with military honors by Carroll P. Foster VFW Post 3455.