- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
EAST PRAIRIE, Mo. -- Ron Payne, 61, of East Prairie, died Tuesday, Oct. 15, 2002, at his residence.
He was born July 1, 1941, in Wyatt, Mo., son of Percy and Isadora Gregory Payne. He and Georgia Ruth Parker were married May 2, 1987.
He lived for most of his life in Mississippi County, where he was a member of the Full Gospel Church in East Prairie. He was a retired maintenance technician with the Gates Rubber Company in Charleston.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Clifford Payne of Sikeston, Mo.; two daughters, Rhonda Nolen of Bertrand, Mo., and Cyndi Payne of Sikeston; a stepdaughter, Carla Gibson of Gosnell, Ark.; a brother, Percy Payne of Florissant, Mo.; three sisters, Judy Holifield of Fort Bragg, N.C., Sharon Coupples of Henderson, Tenn., and Mary Lee Holman of Cairo, Ill.; five grandchildren and two step-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a sister.
Friends may call after 10 a.m. Thursday at the Shelby Funeral Home in East Prairie. Funeral services will be 1 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with Bro. Mike Johnson officiating. Burial will follow in the Odd Fellows Cemetery at Charleston.