- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Della E. Speakman, 90, died Sunday, Oct. 13, 2002, at the Clearview Nursing Center in Sikeston.
She was born Oct. 26, 1911, in Double Springs, Ala., daughter of John and Mary Anne Mote Waddell. She and Henry Speakman were married Nov. 10, 1929. He preceded her in death March 26, 1991.
Survivors include two sons, Tommy and Edward Speakman of Sikeston; two grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two brothers.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Ponder Funeral Home in Sikeston.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with Dr. Jim Guffie officiating. Burial will follow in the Sikeston Memorial Park Cemetery.